Small- and medium-sized-business owners rarely have time to spare on the latest NYT bestseller. They’re usually tied up with more pressing issues, many of which are centered around technology downtime and information security.
Well, we’ve got the perfect solution for business owners from Palm Beach all the way up to Palm City. Managed IT services are an affordable way to gain more control over organizational efficiency, and you can learn all about them in our library of free eBooks!
These downloadables are the perfect alternative to blog articles and service pages because they tackle complicated topics with detailed breakdowns geared toward managers and CEOs. Each eBook focuses on one pillar of small-business technology and provides its historical context, a layman’s explanation of how it works, and step-by-step instructions for evaluating how your office can benefit from it.
Our five best-rated books are listed below. Download the ones you’re interested in simply by entering your email address at the bottom of the page.
The Business Owner’s Guide to IT Support Services and Fees
This eBook outlines exactly how much outsourced IT support should cost. If you’re worried about hidden fees and shady fine print, here's where you'll find all the questions you should ask an IT provider and red flags to look out for. Highlights include:
- 3 IT services models, with a list of pros and cons for each
- Exclusions, hidden fees, and “gotcha” clauses IT companies sneak into contracts
- How to avoid unnecessary costs and set expectations with your IT provider
- 21 questions that will reveal how trustworthy an IT support firm really is
Computers Should Just Work!
Computers are supposed to be simple machines that enable you to get more done in less time, but if you -- like many business owners -- are struggling to get them to work the way they're supposed to, this book is a must-read. You’ll learn:
- The most valuable characteristics in a computer consultant and how to evaluate them
- 12 warning signs that your IT support provider isn’t a good fit for you
- Tricks that bargain computer repair shops use to nickel-and-dime you
- How to get more out of your existing technology investments
The Top 10 Ways Hackers Get Around Your Firewall & Anti-Virus To Rob You Blind
Cybersecurity isn’t a simple topic. A lot of IT providers like to throw around confusing jargon and “geek speak” to prove they know what they’re talking about. Instead, our eBook provides no-nonsense answers to questions like:
- Whom do hackers target with “social engineering”
- What is a phishing email?
- Why is employee security training so important?
- How should mobile devices be secured while on the office network and at home?
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing The Right VoIP Phone System
This eBook clears up the confusion surrounding internet-based phones and separates the benefits from the hype. From handsets to call rates, this resource includes everything small business owners need. In just a few chapters, you’ll learn:
- How Voice over IP works
- Which add-on features are most valuable for SMBs
- 7 questions to ask a VoIP provider before signing up
- Hidden costs to watch out for when picking a provider
Intro To Cloud Computing: 5 Facts Every Business Owner Must Know
Whether or not you’re new to cloud technology, there’s a lot you probably still don’t know. With our plain-English descriptions and insider expertise, this eBook is ideal for anyone asking:
- What should I look for in a cloud provider?
- How secure is the cloud?
- Is cloud technology really cheaper than what I have now?
- If I move to the cloud, how long will the transition take?
Capstone IT is all about providing the best IT support and customer service in West Palm Beach, and to do that we must first earn your trust. There are a lot of ways we do that, and these resources are one of them. You get free, unbiased advice, and all we ask is that you remember us the next time you need to improve your IT management.